Nadia began studying violin at the young age of 7 years old. As a recent graduate of New York University, she has studied with Anne Nagosky, Naoko Tanaka, Cyrus Beroukhim, and Gregory Fulkerson. Nadia has also had masterclasses with Yair Kless, Alf Kraggurud, Lucia May, Dr. Jonathan Sturm, Sally O’Reilly, Peter Herresthal, and Noah Bendix-Balgley. In addition, Nadia studied viola with Dr. Glen Hadsell and piano with Dr. Momoro Ono.
Nadia was a member of the Omaha Area Youth Orchestras (OAYO) from 2006 until 2011. In that time, she has served as Concertmaster of the Elementary Strings Orchestra and Principal Second Violin, Associate Concertmaster and Concertmaster of the Youth Philharmonic Orchestra. At the age of 11, Nadia was the winner of the OAYO Concerto Competition. She has also served as the concertmaster of the Millard West High School Orchestra.
Among Nadia’s other awards are:
- Honorable Mention at the Midwest Young Artists National
- Concerto Competition in 2010; First Place at the Lucy Weed State Competition of the American
- String Teachers Association (ASTA) in both 2008 and 2010; First Place in the 2009 Junior
- Division of the Orchestra Omaha Concerto Competition; First place in Hastings Symphony
- Young Artist Concerto Competition in 2013, and National Finalist in the 2009, 2011 and 2012
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) Competition following a First Place award in theWest Central States Division.
- Won the Cherokee Symphony Young Artists Competition in 2011 and 2013,
- Larsen Young Artist Awards in 2011 and 2013.
Nadia has performed as a featured concerto soloist in the Omaha Symphony four times, playing the Mendelssohn violin concerto in 2008, Bach Double Concerto with her teacher in 2009, theVivaldi Four Seasons in 2012, and the Beethoven violin concerto in 2012. She has also soloed with the Omaha Area Youth Orchestra (Mendelssohn violin concerto), Orchestra Omaha(Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint Saens), Cherokee Symphony Orchestra (Sibelius violin concerto and Tchaikovsky violin concerto), Hasting Symphony (Tchaikovsky violin concerto), Millard West High School Symphony (Tchaikovsky violin concerto) and the VespersOrchestra (Paganini violin concerto).
In Nebraska, a legislative resolution is being passed in her name, recognizing her achievements in music. Nadia appears regularly in recitals and special events around Omaha. She has played at the Blue Barn Music Festival, the 1200 Club Young Artists Night, and the Omaha Performing Arts Society’s “Day of The Arts”. Nadia was also the lead role in a national GMC car commercial playing the violin and has performed around New York City doing various gigs. She has worked with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and performed in pop concerts with artists like Aaron Carter, as well.
West Lesson Studios